An arrest has been made in a Friday home incident on Tyson Road in Greenvile and an investigation is underway To Search out out whether or not A woman acted in self-protection by stabbing The particular person accused of beating her.
James Freeman, 55, of 306 Tyson St., Greenville, was arrested Tuesday for assaulting A woman on the 900 block of Tyson Road round 10:35 a.m. on Jan. 19. The division reported that Freeman and The woman have been transported to Vidant Medical Center with what Appeared to be non-life threatening accidents.
Freeman had been launched from the hospital By The objective he was costd, the division said. A ten-yr-previous witnessed the altercation however was unhurt, police said. The division was tprevious that Freeman beat The woman.
A particular victims unit detective has been assigned to consider the case and decide whether or not any further costs are warranted. The case is being considered as A potential self-protection case, Based mostly on the division.
Freeman was costd with assault inflicting critical damage with a minor current and interfering with emergency communications. He was further costd with failure To seem on a cost of driving whereas license revoked and working a car with no insurance coverage. He is scheduled To seem in courtroom on March 1.
The police division in completely different circumstances launched reviews with The subsequent particulars and allegations:
- 400 block Brighton Park Drive, 6:50- 7:05 a.m. Jan. 25: silver Toyota Camry Hybrid valued at $8,000 stolen from residence; case lively.
- 4600 E. Tenth St., 3:04 p.m. Jan. 25: baby garments valued at $40, deep fryer valued at $44.98 stolen from Walmart. Merchandise recovered; case cleared by citation.
- 4600 E. Tenth St., 5:30 p.m. Jan. 25: merchandise valued at $51.21 shoplifted at Walmart. Gadgets recovered; case cleared by citation.
- 3000 S. Memorial Drive, 10:57 a.m. Jan. 25: man assaulted by acknowledged particular person at Speedway; case cleared by arrest.
- 800 block Peed Drive, 12:50 p.m. Jan. 25: man attacked with knife, blunt object in Parking lot. No accidents; case inlively.
- 1901 Stantonsburg Road, 8:28 p.m. Jan. 25: man stabbed by girlfriend at Financial system Inn; case cleared by arrest.
The Pitt County Sheriff’s Office launched reviews with The subsequent particulars and allegations:
- 2200 block Paps Place, Greenville, midnight Jan. 19-8 a.m. Jan. 20: car damaged into at residence. Medicine stolen; case lively.
- 3000 block Briery Swamp Road, Stokes, 11:35 a.m. Jan. 25: handgun valued at $400 stolen from residence; case lively.
- 6400 block Allen Gay Road, Farmville, 9:52 a.m. Jan. 25: woman held at gunpoint by boyfriend at residence; case cleared.
- 2700 block Seven Pines Road, Greenville, 1:09 p.m. Jan. 25: woman assaulted by sibling at residence; case lively.
- 3700 block Watkins Method, Farmville, 3 p.m. Jan. 25: woman assaulted by boyfriend at residence; case lively.
- 1300 block Rams Horn Road, Greenville, 11:20 p.m. Jan. 25: man assault by girlfriend at residence; case lively.